Weekly Wage: £288.00
Monday - Friday, working various shifts from 8.00am - 6.00pm (40 hours)
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Weybridge, KT13 8HD
Red Balloon comprises three day nurseries, based at Cobham, Weybridge & Horsley. Each daycare nursery has its own individual style and character yet all share the same ethos: Our aspiration is to consistently exceed your expectations by delivering exceptional childcare.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
- To ensure that safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents / carers and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, events etc
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind Red Balloon are fulfilled.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard to your responsibilities as a key worker.
- Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained
- An enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated individual will be required to take advantage of this challenging and exciting opportunity.
- The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a genuine passion for providing the highest standards in quality childcare.
- Strong communication skills and team-working abilities are essential.
Qualification: Children and Young People’s Workforce
Duration: 12 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Framework
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The programme is spread across 12 months and typically covers 14 units with the option to take on extra stretch and challenge units if desired. These units are split into 4 themes which complement each other and create a better learning experience:
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Child Development
- Positive Environments
- Personal Development/Specialism
The programme will also require the apprentice to cover Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) which will be covered through the duration of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’sA – C or equivalents in English and Maths).
Back to all
Red Balloon are holding a recruitment day on Saturday 19th January 2019, 10:30-12:30pm to book your place, please ensure you press the Apply now button