Weekly Wage: £287.84
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Homerton, E9 6SR
To provide administrative and clerical support to the recruitment function, ensuring high quality and safe recruitment and selection practice, induction, sign on and contracts of employment.
- To manage the day to day operation of the E Recruitment system. This includes long listing candidates, sending applications for shortlisting, contacting candidates, chasing references and additional paperwork required in order to ensure that all paperwork is correct and relevant in a timely manner and to prepare and send out offer letters.
- To provide administrative support to all recruitment and selection activities within the team, including honorary contracts and temporary (Staff Bank) recruitment.
- To operate within the guidelines outlined in the Trust’s Recruitment and Selection Policy and advise users of the service in respect of any issues in relation to it.
- To provide general recruitment advice to members of the public and staff both face-to-face and via the telephone.
- To manage and maintain E recruitment systems and existing electronic filing systems.
- To monitor the number of applications received, update managers and assist with longlisting process.
- To advise managers when a post has closed, and assist in longlisting and/or shortlisting if required and where appropriate.
- To send applications to recruiting managers for shortlisting, ensuring that managers understand the shortlisting process and provide guidance and training where necessary.
- To compile and send interview letters and reference requests via the E Recruitment system.
- To prepare and email panel packs to the interview panel.
- To liaise with candidates regarding interview attendance and advise managers accordingly.
- To sit on interview panels where appropriate.
- To advise candidates of the outcome of the interview, send regret letters, chase references, occupational health clearance and declaration forms for successful candidate(s).
- To prepare paperwork for successful candidate ensuring banding and all correspondence is accurate and applicable (including declaration forms, appropriate references, employee health, CRB).
- To close down ‘dead’ recruitment files and store appropriately.
- Participate in job fairs and other events, helping to ensure that all logistics are taken care of (transport/materials/available space/staff on the desk, etc);
- To work with managers and new employees during the recruitment of new staff to the Trust including processing DBS checks, co-ordinating inductions attendance, signing new starters on to the payroll and preparing contracts of employment.
- Process work permits and UK Visa and Immigration Sponsorship Management System applications ensuring work permit renewals are in place in a timely manner.
- To produce employment reference letters as and when required based on the information held on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR).
- To update relevant trackers on a regular basis to ensure management of fixed-term contracts, EHMS, DBS and visa/work permits etc.
- Ensuring payroll documentation for new starters is completed in an accurate and timely manner and payroll queries dealt with appropriately.
- To request and respond to Inter Authority Transfer’s using ESR.
- To issue Honorary contracts in accordance with Trust processes.
- To have a basic understanding of Agenda for Change (Job Evaluation).
- To have a basic understanding of NHS terms and conditions and Trust policies and procedures.
- To sort and distribute mail.
- To order stationary for the department.
- Ensure general enquiries and complaints to the department are dealt with appropriately and on a timely basis.
- To attend meetings and take minutes as requested by the Head of Service.
- To undertake any ad hoc projects, as requested by the Head of Service.
- To undertake photocopying and filing duties.
- Administrative experience
- Ability to communicate accurately and appropriately with staff at all levels face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively when dealing with enquiries from the general public
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines and standards are met
- Able to deal with queries in person and by telephone in an efficient and courteous manner
- Able to use and maintain office/administrative systems
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Word processing skills at intermediate level
- GCSEs A-C in Maths and English or equivalent (Key Skills or Functional Skills level 2)
Qualification: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Duration: 20 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The Apprenticeship programme is made up of different units. Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout the apprenticeship and tracked online using an e-portfolio.
These are grouped into 3 themes which complement each other and are as follows:
- Core Business & Administration
- Managing Self & Personal Skills
- Using Resources & Achieving Results.
- After each theme is complete, a Mock End Point Assessment is carried out to ensure apprentices are prepared for the End Point Assessment at the end of the programme.
- After a minimum of 372 days and successful delivery of the programme, the end point assessment will take place. The end-point assessment is a synoptic assessment of the skills, behaviours and knowledge that have been developed throughout the apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessments will involve an independent assessor carrying out final assessments with the apprentice, to ensure that the competences and learning within the ‘Apprenticeship Standard’ have been met.
- Apprentices can achieve a pass, merit or distinction dependent on how well they perform in their End-Point Assessment.
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).
Back to all
To support your application, please send your certificates to Natalie at email@example.com