Weekly wage: £198.75
Working week: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm,
Apprenticeship duration: 13 months
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
Location: West Sussex, RH19 3DZ
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Learning and Development Assistant to support the Organisational Development and Learning Team at Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (QVH) in developing and maintaining a robust and effective apprenticeship programme and in widening participation to development opportunities across the Trust.
Please be aware that the successful applicant will be employed by the National Skills Academy and placed at Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead.
The post holder will work as part of the Organisational Development and Learning team to assist in providing administrative support to enable delivery and promotion of apprenticeships at Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The post holder will act as a role model for apprenticeships at Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The post holder will work as part of the administrative support team and be responsible for promoting a professional customer focussed service.
- To assist in the support of all aspects of the apprenticeship programme at QVH including administering initial assessments, maintaining records of training, processing paperwork, dealing with enquiries and taking meeting minutes.
- To promote apprenticeships at QVH through attendance at internal and external meetings and promotional events as needed.
- To support the Organisational Development Manager with the Leadership and Management development programme including the administration of associated apprenticeships.
- To assist in supporting the development of staff across the Trust including administration and preparation for events, maintaining records of training, processing paperwork and dealing with enquiries.
- Apply a strong customer service focus to all activities within the role including responding in a prompt, efficient and professional manner to queries.
- To undertake administration activities in relation to attracting, recruiting and selecting apprentices to work at the trust as needed.
- Ensure all communication (verbal & written, electronic & paper, internal & external customers) is professionally executed.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be responsible for updating training records using spreadsheets, internal and external databases including the Apprenticeship Portal and the Trusts Learning Management System.
- To assist in providing administrative support for training and support sessions and promotional events including preparing rooms, resources, promotional material and refreshments as required.
- Respond to queries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- The post holder will be required to work as part of a team with support and supervision as required in relation to providing an administrative service for all aspects of apprenticeship programmes including preparing correspondence, photocopying and preparing straight forward responses and requests as appropriate.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work to
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good Attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with general public
- Experience of customer service
- Awareness of patient confidentiality and Data Protection Act
- Understanding of apprenticeships
- GCSE English and Maths A*-C or equivalent
- Flexible and adaptable
- Friendly and hard working
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job role
Successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to complete a fully certified Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration, which will cover the following frame work:
- Level 2 in Business Administration
- Knowledge component
- Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This Apprenticeship is funded for the duration of: 13 months
Back to all
If successful in the post you will be employed by the National Skills Academy and placed at Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead