Weekly wage: £346.15
Working week: Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 6.00pm
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Apprenticeship level: Advanced level 3 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
Location: Holborn, WC1X 8RW
Exterion Media are a leading out of home media (out of home means adverts that appear outside or in open spaces, posters, adverts on the London Underground, buses and National Rail) company that captures and captivates the urban audience on the move. We reach over 30 million people working, shopping and playing in urban areas every week. The quality, the nature and the breadth of our assets (assets are where we advertise so this could the whole of a London Underground corridor or a new Routemaster bus) enables us to offer advertisers a huge range of opportunities to reach and engage the UK’s urban audiences, be that just in London, regionally or on a national scale.
Purpose of the role
The Project Administrator Apprentice is responsible for assisting the Project Manager to provide comprehensive project co-ordination and office management support to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of on the pre-construction and construction planning, monitoring, construction assurance and delivery to cost, programme, safety and quality requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager to co-ordinate all aspects of the project
- Assist the Project Manager to co-ordinate, motivate and direct the project team, contractors and consultants to ensure all safety, quality, cost and programme targets are met and to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Assist the Project Manager to co-ordinate detailed cost plans, phasing expenditure and cash flow over the term and control of change
- Assist the Project Manager and Planner to co-ordinate detailed programme plans, actions and tracking tools
- Assist the Project Engineer to co-ordinate, motivate and direct the engineering team, contractors and consultants to ensure all technical targets are met and to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Support the team by performing office management duties including ordering equipment, booking meeting rooms, facilitating and chairing meetings and taking minutes.
- Assist with the risk management process
- Assist with the contract procurement processes and activities in collaboration with the commercial/procurement team
- Liaise with interfacing projects and co-ordinate associated works construction activities
- Assist with ensuring that works construction activities comply with relevant safety legislation and TfL safety requirements.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Exterion Media Competencies
Ability to articulate complex information and issues in an impactful way.
Client Partner Focus:
To work with internal and/or external clients and partners to understand their priorities, issues and success measures.
To understand, respect and respond to others priorities and needs, working in partnership to achieve best outcome that benefits the organisation as a whole.
- Presentation, facilitation, communication and influencing skills.
- Motivated, well organised and methodical.
- Stakeholder management experience with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Structured and organised – with appropriate level to detail
- GCSEs Maths and English A-C or equivalent
- A Level or equivalent
- Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
- Good all round data and business analysis, requirements specification and technical report writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence.
- Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
- Ability to use office based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) to basic level.
- Experience of working in project management - able to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and work well to tight deadlines
- Experience of building relationships with, and influencing, a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation
- Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment is desirable
- Experience of office management in a railway or comparable industry is desirable
- Experience of preparing budgets and forecasts in conjunction with relevant line manager is desirable.
- Ideally an understanding of the Out of Home industry is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- 25 days holiday
- Free breakfast
- Additional in-house training
- Group Networking with other Apprentices
Successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to complete a fully certified Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration, which will cover the following standard:
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The Apprenticeship programme is made up of different units. Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout the apprenticeship and tracked online using an e-portfolio.
These are grouped into 3 themes which complement each other and are as follows:
- Core Business & Administration
- Managing Self & Personal Skills
- Using Resources & Achieving Results.
- After each theme is complete, a Mock End Point Assessment is carried out to ensure apprentices are prepared for the End Point Assessment at the end of the programme.
- After a minimum of 372 days and successful delivery of the programme, the end point assessment will take place. The end-point assessment is a synoptic assessment of the skills, behaviours and knowledge that have been developed throughout the apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessments will involve an independent assessor carrying out final assessments with the apprentice, to ensure that the competences and learning within the ‘Apprenticeship Standard’ have been met.
- Apprentices can achieve a pass, merit or distinction dependent on how well they perform in their End-Point Assessment.
Back to all
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).