Weekly Wage: £288.46
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Uxbridge, UB8 1QQ
An Apprenticeship at Pepper UK will allow you to experience a range of activities whilst supporting the day to day operations within a Financial Services business.
During your Apprenticeship with us you would be placed in business areas that enhance your knowledge of the financial world , as well as being exposed to different areas of the business to get a full and rounded insight.
The placement areas that may be available including Arrears & Litigation, Primary Servicing, Finance, IT, Commercial Real Estate, Human Resources, Risk and Compliance.
As an employee of Pepper we want you to start your career with an unforgettable journey, gaining knowledge and experience within the financial services to build your own success.
Typical duties you may experience as an Apprentice includes (but not limited to):-
- Responsible for daily interaction with customers and other associated third parties, accurate processing of data onto IT systems and ensuring that workloads are processed efficiently and effectively in accordance with agreed policies and procedures[NB1]
- Administration duties covering areas of Mortgage Administration, Insurance, New
- Lending and Complaints, HR, Risk and Compliance, Finance and IT
- Ensure tasks/diary entries are created for future follow ups; instructions to relevant third parties are created and managed according to the Service Level Agreement, escalating any overdue tasks
- At all times the jobholder must exhibit a professional approach to customers, in order to deliver a professional service to clients
- Assistance with monthly performance reporting[NB2]
- Identify risk to the correct area of the business
- Promptly following up on outstanding tasks
- Liaising with Clients and third party professionals
- Maintain positive working relationships with agents, third parties and the wider business to manage progress of team objectives
- Report problem/issues accurately and in a timely and professional manner
- Involvement in a variety of projects as directed which support the Pepper overall strategy
- Ensure quality of data on our systems is excellent
- Collating information or weekly and monthly reports, and preparing documentation
- Creating and formatting presentations and documents
- Co-ordinating and maintaining progress on borrowers accounts
- Delivery of the litigation process via appointed third parties
- Discussing and negotiating arrears workout options, e.g. arrangements, capitalisation, loan workouts, shortfall sales etc.
- Monitoring agreed workout strategies to ensure they are complied with and taking further action in accordance with the Special Servicing Manual where appropriate
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is a principal introduced by the Financial Service Authority (FSA) putting needs of customers at the heart of all financial services providers to ensure that customers can be confident that they are dealing with an organisation that is looking after their interests.
- Every member of staff is expected to do things ‘the right way’, ensuring that our customers interests are considered in everything we do. The following TCF principals are fundamental to every role:
- Giving the customer what they have been led to expect
- Not taking advantage of the customer
- Exhibit clarity in all customer dealings
- Show flexibility, empathy and consideration in dealing with customers
- Resolve mistakes or issues in the most effective manner
- Being prepared to challenge process if you think it does not reflect our TCF values
- Excellent written and verbal customer service skills
- Good attention to detail
- Learn and demonstrate a good understanding of regulatory requirements
- Excellent organizational skills
- Conduct all tasks in a manner compliant with all policies and procedures
- Good Team worker
- Can use own initiative
Qualification: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Duration: 12 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Framework
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The programme is spread across 12 months and typically covers 15 units with the option to take on extra stretch and challenge units if desired. These units are split into 3 themes which complement each other and create a better learning experience:
- Communication in Business
- Administrative Services and Functions
- Working in Business Teams
The programme will also require the apprentice to cover Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).
Back to all
- Assessment to be held at Pepper (UK) Limited on: Tuesday 20th November 2018 OR Thursday 22nd November 2018
- Start date: January 2019