Weekly wage: £221.15
Monday to Friday working on a shift basis;
- one week, Monday to Friday, 8am - 4.30pm
- one week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Birmingham B45 9PZ
Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and general administrative and ad hoc tasks.
Administration Lead Job Duties:
- Controlling correspondence and filing systems; ordering supply requisitions Help maintain current procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintain staff vehicle registration logSupport office staff by assisting with recruitment and selection, and help with training of employees if required.
- Manage internal and external meeting room bookings, ordering lunches when required
- Ensure that the kitchens are well stocked with milk, sugar, tea and coffee.
- Administer guest wifi passes and new / replacement ID passes
- Answer incoming calls between 8am – 5:30pm from 8.30am announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing these on via the email system or connecting callers to staff members direct lines
- Ensure all voicemail messages to main office number are taken and directed to staff members.
- Maintain and ensure that the answer message is appropriate.
- Report telephone equipment and line faults to the IT department. Report other facilities issues to third party supplier
- Review and update on a regular basis the staff contact and telephone extension lists.
- Greet and welcome visitors to the Offices between 8am and 5:30pm, ensuring they sign in the visitor’s book and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival.
- Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-likeimage.
- Keep a record of staff and visitors signing in and out of the building.
- In the event of a fire and/or any other emergency requiring staff to leave the building, to be responsible for ensuring that the visitors book and staff movement sheets are removed from Reception and taken to the outside meeting point.
- Check and sign for deliveries, before informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival. Deliveries by post or courier will include valuable items (cash, passports). Follow procedures and ensure security of valuables.
- Log extension changes and advise all staff accordingly.
- Process and deliver internal and external mail daily. Check that costs are charged to the appropriate cost centre.
- Ensure that franking machine is charged and maintained.
- Provide office supplies (Stationery & kitchen supplies) for staff and maintain adequate stocks; task includes ordering new supplies.
- Induct new staff and volunteers in office procedures, Fire Safety and Health & Safety.
- Provide logistical support to meetings held in the Board Room, to include preparation of meeting and conference rooms and assist in arrangements for catering provisions
- Provide support to the Management team and contribute in other ways to the effective functioning as required.
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Minimum (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).
This is a busy role and will have interface into lots of key stakeholders and employees across all levels in the centre, therefore this individual needs to be credible and be confident to deal with the demands of the role.
Qualification: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Duration: 12 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Framework
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The programme is spread across 12 months and typically covers 15 units with the option to take on extra stretch and challenge units if desired. These units are split into 3 themes which complement each other and create a better learning experience:
1) Communication in Business
2) Administrative Services and Functions
3) Working in Business Teams
The programme will also require the apprentice to cover Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Back to all
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).