Weekly Wage: £392.60
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Lewisham, SE13 6LH
Acute and Emergency Medicine is the largest division within Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. It is a fast-paced and exciting division to work in where all roles are essential to the quality of care received by patients.
The post holder will be supported to achieve an Apprenticeship in Business Administration. Through academic and work place activities, the post holder will develop the skills required in the job description, to work in a quality driven, responsive and customer orientated department.
An apprentice will do 80% on the job training – work based learning activity and the remaining 20% is off the job training (self-directed learning and classroom attendance.)
The apprenticeship is a work-based qualification evidenced via learning activity at work, a portfolio of work and observations. Training and assessment are completed on work-site, with some off the job training involving a combination of online learning, classroom attendance, webinars and self-directed learning. An external assessor will carry out observations in the workplace to assess practical competence.
All apprenticeship standards have End-point assessment (EPA). End-Point Assessments will involve an independent assessor carrying out final assessments with the apprentice, to ensure that the competences and learning within the ‘Apprenticeship Standard’ have been met. Apprentices can achieve a pass, merit or distinction dependent on how well they perform in their End-Point Assessment.
You will be required to commit to the apprenticeship training study requirements and complete the training activities and assessments, in given timescales.
The post holder will ensure the smooth running of the Division’s Administrative Office and provide a Personal Assistant function to the Divisional Manager and Director alongside administrative and secretarial support to other member of the Divisional Management Team. The post holder will co-ordinate a key series of Divisional Management Governance and operational meetings by providing minutes, papers and the booking of rooms and hospitality as required. The post holder should take responsibility for a full range of duties and all administrative and organisational tasks on an on-going basis. The post holder is expected to maintain complete confidentiality at all times and to represent the Division in an efficient and courteous manner and contribute to the Divisional, Trust and national target achievement.
Key Result Areas & Performance:
Qualification: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Duration: 18 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Framework
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The programme is spread across 18 months and typically covers 21 units with the option to take on extra stretch and challenge units if desired. These units are split into 4 themes which complement each other and create a better learning experience:
The programme will also require the apprentice to cover Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’sA – C or equivalents in English and Maths).
To support your application you will be required to send your certificates in Maths and English to Natalie via firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the post, please ensure you press the Apply button and attached your CV on a Word document to your online applicationApply Back to all