Weekly wage: £250.00
Monday - Friday, 40 hours
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Walton on Thames, KT12 1RZ
Expanding Life Insurance company seeking to employ an IT apprentice to provide support across all aspects of internal IT systems.
This is a varied, dynamic role offering an outstanding opportunity to develop key skills across the entire IT infrastructure including:
- General diagnosing and problem solving
- Teamwork and communication
- Keeping essential inventory for IT equipment
- Windows Operating Systems - Windows 7, Windows 10
- Linux Operating Systems - CentOS, Ubuntu
- Windows Server Operating Systems - 2012 R2
- Networking, Cabling and Firewall configuration
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Mail Servers - Exchange 2013, SMTP
- Linux File Servers and Scheduled Backups, Cloud Backups
- Email Security, Archiving and Continuity
- Workstation and Network Security - Kaspersky Server Deployment
- Network Printers and Scanners
- Microsoft Office Skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Computer Hardware and Diagnostics - Assembling, Repairing and Upgrading Workstations & Server Hardware
- Domains, DNS, Intranet, FTP and Web hosting - Microsoft IIS, ASP .NET, very basic HTML & CSS
- Configuring and utilizing Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Liaising with CRM or Internet Service Providers
- Keeping track of essential service renewals and negotiating new deals
- VoIP/Internet Telephony and PBX configuration
- Providing end users with Workstation, Internet and CRM Support
- Documenting IT guides for future references
- Daily IT support of all departments in the office, in person and over the phone
The role would suit a proactive self-starter who is keen to forge a career within IT.
The successful candidate will receive full training and work towards a Nationally Recognised IT Level 3 qualification.
- Basic knowledge of IT operating systems and softwares navigation.
- Knowledge of PC components and network set-up preferable.
- Seeking a candidate who enjoys working with computers as well as problem –solving.
- Enthusiastic, reliable and willing to learn.
Things to consider:
May be required to assist with weekend server maintenance (very occasionally if at all)
Potential to progress within the org towards a full time position as company grows
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage:
Back to all
This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour.