Finance Assistant (Maternity Cover)
We have an opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our organisation and work with our Finance Director, in a varied role which supports the finance team and wider business. We require a candidate with strong multi-tasking skills and good attention to detail, who can work in a fast-paced, pressurised environment.
This role would ideally suit a candidate who is looking to get into their first finance role and is a 12-month maternity cover vacancy, with the view to extend to a permanent position if suitable. Flexible working patterns can be negotiated for the right candidate!
- Record all financial transactions using Sage 50 Accounts accounting software
- Maintain the Company’s ledgers
- Handle accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure our customers are involved promptly and correctly and record any customer payments
- Record Supplier invoices, ensuring they are correct coed and authorised
- Submit Suppliers payment runs, according to Company policy
- Reconcile the Company’s bank accounts and other Balance Sheet accounts
- Complete the Company’s VAT return
- Prepare monthly management meeting reports, including Profit and Loss account and the Balance sheet
- Work with the Finance Director to produce and maintain annual budgets and forecasts
- Support with co-investments
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly staff payroll
- Support with additional bookkeeping and administrative duties
The skills set and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role
- Very strong administration skills and experience
- Experience of using SAGE Accounts and SAGE Payroll (essential)
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills (Lookups, Pivot Tables, Power Query) and strong numerical skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Minimum A-C GCSE grade in Maths and English
- An Investor In People Gold organisation, committed to your career development
- Innovative in our approach to education using the latest technologies
- Excellent in-house training
- Summer and winter parties and team day events
- 20 days, plus bank holidays and Christmas period (32 days)
- Company phone, laptop and pension scheme
- Perkbox rewards and incentive scheme
- An exciting opportunity to bring your skills and experience to an award-winning training provider and help shape the future of apprenticeships
If you are interested in joining a reputable organisation which is continuing to grow, please apply!
As an equal opportunities organisation, Hawk Training welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Please note, all applications to Hawk Training are reviewed with meaningful human intervention and decisions are not based solely on automated processing or profiling.