Weekly wage: £258.90
Working week: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm (shift, 40 hours a week)
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
Location: London, SE1 7NJ
Guy’s and St Thomas’ is one of the largest hospital trusts in the country, with a staff of almost 12,000, a turnover of over £1 billion and one million patient contacts a year. The Trust comprises two of London’s oldest and best known teaching hospitals. The hospitals have a long history, dating back almost 900 years, and have been at the forefront of medical progress and innovation since they were founded. Both hospitals have built on these traditions and continue to have a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are part of King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between one of the world’s leading research-led universities and three of London’s most successful NHS Foundation Trusts. Our AHSC is one of only five in the UK. It consists of King’s College London, and Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts. King’s Health Partners includes seven hospitals and over 150 community based services, is responsible for seeing 2 million patients each year, has 25,000 employees and 19,500 students, and a £2 billion annual turnover. It brings together the best of basic and translational research, clinical excellence and world-class teaching to deliver groundbreaking advances in physical and mental healthcare. See www.kingshealthpartners.org
- The post holder will provide high quality administrative support to the Education Team. Tasks will include typing, reception duties, customer service, maintaining databases, booking appointments/meeting, filing, organising and booking meeting rooms and general administrative support to the Department.
- The post holder will play a key role in the efficient day to day activities of the team. The post holder will often be the first point of contact for the department and will be required to communicate in a professional and courteous manner.
- The post holder will provide planning and on-the-day support for education and training events, ensuring that delegates experience high quality service.
- The post holder will answer general queries and explain information relating to the department.
The post holder will have regular contact with the Education Co-ordinator, Education Manager, Lead Nurse for Education, Practice Development Nurses, Clinical Educators, Education Fellows.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the role and its purpose within the service; they are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake additional or alternative administrative duties and responsibilities commensurate with the level of the post, to support the smooth running of the service.
- Provide high quality administrative support to the department. This may include bookings meeting rooms and hospitality, organising audio-visual equipment, ordering department supplies such as stationery plus any other ad hoc duties.
- Typing and formatting of letters, reports, policies, minutes, presentations, statistics and general correspondence/ documents, as required, using Microsoft Office and other software packages.
- Provide support for meetings, including the preparation and distribution of agendas and taking, transcription and distribution of minutes/ action notes. Follow up of action points arising from meetings.
- Provide administrative support to projects being managed within the team as directed.
- Maintain departmental databases in a timely and accurate manner. Assist with the collation of data as required.
- Provide excellent customer care to ensure timely, relevant advice and assistance to all Evelina service users.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties necessary to ensure the smooth running of the service.
- Collate and maintain calendar of internal and external education events.
- Liaise with relevant departments to stay abreast of internal education offer.
- Administer events using online platform, liaising with event managers and GSTT finance as necessary.
- Book participants onto courses, issue certificates, manage queries.
- Provide on-the-day support to education events.
- Administer internal database of nursing training.
- Act as first point of contact for callers, visitors and deliveries to the team.
- Deal with all enquiries from staff and visitors in a courteous, efficient and tactful manner referring to appropriate staff when necessary.
- Manage diaries, and organise meetings and events ensuring that all supporting arrangements are in place.
General Office Duties
- Maintain stationary supplies, order stationery, supplies and services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Sort, distribute and handle incoming mail and in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure that outgoing mail is collected and dispatched. Arrange the receipt and delivery of courier mail and parcels as required.
- Photocopying, collation and distribution of reports, correspondence, handouts etc.
- Establish and maintain accurate and efficient filing systems.
- Ensure the department is maintained and kept tidy at all times.
- Covering front desk duties as required.
- Reporting and monitoring any maintenance / facilities as appropriate.
- Previous experience is not essential as training will be given.
- GCSEs Maths and English A-C or equivalent
- Proficient in use of IT systems and applications, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Confidence in making decisions when dealing with competing priorities
- Excellent command of English – both written and spoken
- Able to demonstrate excellent written English including grammar, punctuation and structuring written text
- Ability to work methodically in a busy environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
Please note that this role is suited for someone who has no or limited administration experience and is much more focused on evidence of being a self-starter, engaged and willing to learn rather than an academic record.
Successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to complete a fully certified Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration, which will cover the following frame work:
- Level 2 in Business Administration
- Knowledge component
- Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This Apprenticeship is funded for the duration of: 12 months
Back to all
If successful in the screening for the post, you will be required to attend an assessment at Hawk Training in Twickenham on Thursday 25th January 2018