Weekly Wage: between £224.00 - £325.20
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Kent, ME14 2RY
The South East's favourite Independent Builders' Merchants
AWARD WINNING QUALITY OF SERVICE
From the very first day of trading in 1984, Parker Building Supplies' philosophy has always been to provide 'Quality of Service' with knowledgeable and well trained staff backed up by good stock availability and an efficient delivery service, and this ethos remains firmly in place today.
Parker Building Supplies is the leading independent and multiple National Award winning Timber and Heavyside Builders' Merchant based in the South East, supplying both the retail and trade sectors. As a result of a strategic expansion and acquisition programme over the last few years, the company now employs in excess of 280 members of staff at 25 locations across the region.
As well as its heavyside depots, the company has a number of stand-alone trading divisions specialising in Paving, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Plumbing, Joinery and Architectural Ironmongery.
The company runs a modern fleet of vehicles including over 30 HGV vehicles, each fitted with remote controlled and operated cranes.
Parkers' Direct Sales department offers a direct-to-site service for high volume supplies of Bricks, Architectural Masonry, Commodity Blocks, Insulation, Lintels and Brickwork Support products. Our specialist Parker Brickmatcher staff have considerable skill in matching bricks, and will search far and wide to ensure that we find the exact type, texture, age and colours that you need.
Through effective mentoring and training will enable you to receive stock into the yard and allocate it into the appropriate location in an accurate, timely and safe manner. Deal with customer requirements, ensuring required goods are successfully located and loaded as per the customer’s instructions, as well as the completion of the associated administrative processes.
• Contributes to the team by maintaining effective levels of communication and working towards achieving shared objectives
• Contributes to the team’s improvement process
• Develops and maintains strong customer relationships
• Promotes a high level of customer service by ensuring correct materials are provided
• Checks that the customer is satisfied and whether any further assistance is required
• Prepared to help with all additional customer requirements
• Checks that goods are correctly delivered against purchase orders and delivery/advice notes
• Puts goods away accurately and safely following company health and safety procedures
• Unloads vans
• Accurately picks, packs and labels goods going out to customers and other branches
• Loads all goods onto vehicle ensuring that the relevant paperwork is completed and included
• Ensures goods are loaded and organised to maximise efficiency
• Maintains yard space (i.e. sweeping and tidying) and adhered to health and safety guidelines
• Advises of shortages or low stock levels when appropriate
• Acts when equipment shows visible evidence for need for repair or maintenance and ensures the equipment is correctly immobilised and parked when not in use
• Follows procedures for securing premises, equipment, stock as per the company’s financial management policies and procedures
Health, Safety, and Environment
• Adheres to the health, safety and environment rules and regulations
• Able to perform manual handling and become qualified in use of appropriate fork lift. Skilled as a banksman
• Maintains a high level of housekeeping within the section and branch.
• Maintains a tidy and hazard free working environment.
Numeracy & Literacy: Confident in working with and able to interpret numerical and written information.
Health and Safety: Knowledge of the company health and safety procedures.
Systems (IT & Administrative): Competent in the use of branch based computer packages to meet customer needs. Knowledge of company administrative procedures.
GCSEs A-D in Maths and English or equivalent (Level 1 in Functional Skills OR Key Skills
Conscientious – Focuses on getting tasks finished by being methodical, organised and systematic, persists until the job is done.
Confident – Effective communication skills in a variety of situations.
Rule Following – Follows rules and regulations.
Target Driven – Needs to achieve targets, strives to overcome difficult challenges.
Sociable – Thrives on meeting people, harmonious team work and helping others
Active – Invests energy readily.
Qualification: Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
Duration: 15 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The programme is spread across 13 months and typically covers 10 units with the option to take on extra stretch and challenge units if desired. These units are split into 3 themes which complement each other and create a better learning experience:
1) Working Safely in a Warehouse
2) Working with others
3) Operations and Administration
The programme will also require the apprentice to cover Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).