HML (Putney), Apprentice Property Management Administrator
Weekly Wage: £288
Working week: Monday – Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
12 - 18 months
Intermediate level 2 OR Advanced level 3 Apprenticeship
Putney, SW15 2DS
As soon as possible
We have an exciting new opportunity available for an Apprentice to join our property management team in Putney.
The successful candidate will be given full guidance and instruction in understanding the residential property management sector and current legislation.
The role of Property Management Assistant is seen as a starter role within our industry. As such this is a fantastic opportunity to commence your career in Property Management.
- Assist PM’s with bulk mail merge from PMS, including printing, folding and posting
- Assist PM’s with issuing work orders
- Assist PM’s with collating information for accounts and any other departments
- Update communication preference forms/ABA (via Onbase)
- Update PMS with new/alternative correspondence addresses
- Regular archiving, in line with group policy, Inc. collating correspondence for lost/losing blocks
- Keep the Directors module up to date (with training)
- Assist when taking on a new management i.e. updating utilities, general admin, collating and sending out intro letters etc.
- First point of call for phone calls/visitors
- Doing the post each post day – checking incoming post, distributing to PM’s (checking invoices for correct address, client name etc./checking whether reminders are already on system, requesting originals where necessary), taking the post to the post office each day.
- Logging Cheques
- Ensuring the franking machine fold relevant funds, change the ink cartages as and when required.
General office management:
- Stationary orders, managing cleaners/cleaning contracts, ensuring office is clean and tidy at end of day, Buy supplies when required. Undertaking works highlighted within the buildings H&S, FRA and Asbestos Report and liaise with HOPM.
- Liaising with marketing to ensure supplies of headed paper/comps slips & PM business cards are sufficient, and ordering more as required
- Ensuring keys are ready for collection/signed in and out (will need to order new key book). Do stock check of keys once a week and chase contractors if keys not returned
- Write out to contractors & clients if correspondence/invoices/cheques received with HML CW or CW
- Keep a master list of the office’s new and lost blocks.
- Liaising with the TAFS teams and sending monthly reports to the PM’s and HOPM.
- Minute the office meetings and distribute action points to PM’s.
- Being responsible for the Achieve for the building and arranging for boxes to be collected and returned, when requested.
- Updating the Office phone list as and when required
- Prepare Boardrooms as and when meetings have been arranged
- Responsible for Boardroom Bookings
- Any other job that is reasonably given by PM/HOPM
- Enhanced Holiday (25 days + 8 Days BH)
- ½ Day Extra Holiday on your Birthday
- AE Pension
- Free eye tests & contribution to glasses
- Annual professional membership sponsorship
- Learning and Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
PMAs tend to develop into Junior Property Managers taking on a small portfolio of properties. They then progress into Property Managers and onto Senior Property Managers.
- Well presented
- Interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Customer focused
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Used to excel reporting and Microsoft packages
- Highly methodical
- Ability to work on own initiative and within team framework
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
Back to all
- Attention to detail
- Wanting to please customers/clients
- Enjoy working with a small team
- Keen and interested