Apprentice Nursery Assistant, Happy Tree, Northwood
Weekly Wage: £160.00
Monday – Friday, 7.30am – 6.00pm (40 hours a week / 8 hours a day), shift work
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Northwood, HA6 1HR
The Nursery opened in January 2017, It is purpose built and caters for children aged between 3 months and 5 years.We do not see children as empty vessels waiting eagerly to be filled with knowledge, we strongly believe that children have unlimited potential and are eager to interact with and contribute to the world around them. We believe that children have a fundamental right to “realise and expand their potential”.
- To assist with the implementation of appropriate planned schemes of activities, work and programmes for Nursery children in partnership with the Room Leader. To deliver programmes of work and evaluate their success in conjunction with the Room Leader and room staff.
- To ensure that personal, physical, social, spiritual, emotional, cultural and moral needs are adequately addressed and to be actively involved in supporting children in their achievements of planned objectives and goals.
- To be responsible for the care, welfare, health, safety and security of children within the Nursery.
- To help supervise Nursery activities and routines, giving specific help to individual children to ensure that they remain focussed.
- To assist with the physical care of children within the Nursery.
- To assist with the preparation of resources and materials needed for planned Nursery activities; carry out activities as per the room plans and routines
- To assist with the preparation and presentation of displays, ensuring that they stimulate vocal and receptive responses.
- To encourage the involvement of children and parents/ carers in the curriculum and running of the Nursery in order to promote the child’s self-esteem. To undertake good and effective communications with all staff and parents/ carers.
- To assist with the care and maintenance of furniture, toys, equipment and resources.
- To monitor stock levels and to order and inform the room leader to order/ purchase / procure items as may be required.
- To attend staff meetings, SEN reviews, meetings with parents / carers, as appropriate
- To actively participate in Training Programmes, attending Professional Development activities as appropriate.
- To participate in assessments of, and preparing reports on, children’s work and development.
- To leave the Nursery ready for the following session, ensuring that plans are ready to be implemented and resources are available
- To attend all staff and room meetings
- To support and take on responsibilities in other rooms or areas of the Nursery as directed by the Room Leader/ Management or any other senior staff.
- One day off for their birthday
- Free parking within the gym car park
- 20 days holiday entitlement a year plus bank holidays
- Employed within the setting and progress to higher designations: e.g. room leader
- Support to progress to higher qualifications
- Employment within the nursery
- Advancement to Room leader and higher post.
- Passionate about child development
- Good communication skills
- Good record of attendance and punctuality
- Team player
- Good writing and reporting skills wants to progress and grow with us.
Successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to complete a fully certified Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce which will cover the following frame work:
- Level 2 QCF in Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in ICT, Math and English
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Duration: 12 months
Back to all
Must be able to work outdoors a with children. Must engage with children and not just supervise them, whilst “chatting” to other staff.
Needs to deal with noise, crying and vomit, dirty nappies and toileting