Apprentice Accounts Administrator, City Sprint
£200.00 plus £50 attendance bonus
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (40 hours)
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
London, SE1 5SR
Overall Purpose of Role
- To provide support within the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger sections of the Finance & Administration department.
- Follow agreed procedures to help maintain a proactive cost control process, process client remittances and assist in the collation and despatch of customer invoices.
- Work with colleagues in other departments to ensure quality of service to all customers and suppliers.
- Meet all KPI targets
- Follow the agreed cost capture process to ensure all applicable costs are received and entered into the in house IT system (Metacs, NetCourier).
- Follow the agreed procedures for batching, coding and entering supplier invoices into the in-house Finance system.
- Identify additional supplier charges and advise Sales Ledger accordingly.
- Ensure all suppliers provide a monthly statement and reconcile this to the entries within our systems.
- Follow the filing procedures to ensure all records are clearly identifiable and filed neatly in order.
- Respond to all internal/external queries/information requests professionally, promptly and accurately.
- Ensure all clients invoices are accurately separated and despatched within the agreed department target deadlines, via the delivery method agreed for each customer (e-mail, courier, post).
- Follow agreed procedures to raise manual invoices and credit notes to customers.
- Process client remittances accurately on a daily basis in line with agreed procedures, and ensure to follow escalation process where required to resolve discrepancies.
- Process incoming post and distribute accordingly.
- Provide support and absence cover for other sections of the Finance & Administration Department as and when requested.
- Good academic background, minimum 5 GCSE grades A-C or equivalent.
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Positive outlook
- Highly numerate
- Ability to articulate both verbally and in written form
- Ability to self-motivate
- Have a problem solving attitude and relish the challenge that obstacles may present
- Have consistent drive and energy
- Strong work ethic
- Presents a well prepared and professional image at all times
Successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to complete a fully certified Apprenticeship in Business Administration, which will cover the following frame work:
- Level 2 in Business Administration
- Knowledge component
- Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This Apprenticeship is funded for the duration of: 12 months
Back to all